When I think of 2016, the following words come to my mind: Serendipity, Happiness, Success, Favor, Grace. Based on these words you would think I had a perfect year. I didn’t. But, I have learned to see the positive in life more than the negative. I told myself I was going to “Happy Myself” and I did.
I think in life we attract what we are. And when we are ready to receive, life gives.
2016 was about preparing myself for growth. On several occasions I asked God to show me glimpses of what He has for me, and He did. Which is why I can boldly say that 2017 is going to be my best year ever, just as 2016 was my best year ever. And every year from now on. It’s about channeling your mind to think differently, to expect differently. I don’t want to be around people that aren’t pushing themselves to excel in their expectations, their actions, their thoughts, their life. If you don’t take charge of your life, your life will take charge of you. That’s how people become so drained. There is no purpose, no plan, no goal. They just exist.. breathe.. sleep..eat.
We need more people crazy enough to excel within their purpose. I have to add this because I am by no means saying that all of us should step out to change the entire world. But you can change your own world, or someone else that may need your help. You have something in you that somebody needs. In 2017, there are people WAITING for you to walk in your purpose. Just like you need certain people in 2017 to walk in alignment with God’s plan for their lives. Our lives are intertwined, we need each other. What are your plans in life? What are those silly, crazy dreams that you don’t want to tell anyone about because they seem impossible? Write them down and work towards them. Most successful people didn’t know exactly how popular, rich or successful they would become but they had a goal, a plan, an idea that they pursued.
I look forward to 2017 because it is going to be an awesome year. I am going to do things I have never done, meet people I never thought I would meet and go to places I could’ve even have dreamt of. Why? Because I have an expectation. Why? Well, Why not.. that’s why?!
I know, I know.. some of you don’t believe in these cliche new year’s resolutions, but what if you decide to give it a try and when you fail, you try again. Don’t expect everything to go perfectly or as planned in January 2017. Probably, the first few months will be filled with trials. But if you keep persevering, you will win. Our mind is incredibly powerful. So if you are filling it with insecurities, negativity, doubt.. all of that becomes your reality.
Pray, like crazy.. When you become overwhelmed and you feel like you cant make it through another day.. just pray. I promise you God hears all of our prayers, even the ones we deem silly.
God loves us soooooooo much and He has great plans for us. But we have to be open and willing to be used for His glory. Many didn’t make it, but you did. Yes, it’s “just another day, just another month, just another year” but it’s also a great point for reflecting and setting new goals. It’s like a book with many chapters. It’s just another page but also a new chapter. A lot can change in a new chapter. Pray for a great year with great ups but also ask God for the strength to make it through the downs.
Please in 2017 don’t neglect:
- Your family. I know, sometimes you want to strangle them or you become tired of trying, but give grace. God knew what He was doing when He put you in a certain family. Love them, and when they mess up, pray for them. This may be the year that you ‘see’ your prayers being answered.
- Your friends. The ones that have always been there for you. The ones that truly want to see you doing good. The ones that you don’t always like, especially when they tell you the painful truth. Cherish them over the ones that just want to ride along when it’s fun and comfortable. There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother/sister.
- Your Significant Other. If you are married or preparing for marriage, please protect what is yours. Don’t settle for less. Give selflessly. We weren’t made to be alone. But don’t be in a relationship to feel comfortable. If it doesn’t make you a better person.. I don’t know if its worth it.
- God. It baffles my mind to know that some people think that they don’t need God. They have no idea that even though they don’t acknowledge Him, God gives them breath, shelter, food, love, grace, everything they need. But all this means is that we need to do a better job of portraying Christ to a world that is longing for peace, joy, life. We can find it in Him. It is our duty, not to be so obsessed with rules that we become like Pharisees, able to quote scripture but not act out of love.
- Yourself. Don’t. Neglect. Yourself. Pamper yourself, invest in yourself, care for yourself. If you don’t first help yourself, you cannot help others. You can only give, what you have.
You can not fail, You should not fail, You will not fail!